Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chugging along

Nothing too noteworthy going on lately. We are getting ready for the summer to wind down and make sure we get in everything that we want to before school starts. Russ and I are going to play in a golf tournament on Sunday. I've been playing pretty well in league which is the kiss of death for me in the tournament. I was hoping we would be able to play with one of the women I golf with in league, but I'm pretty sure the golf shop knows who we regularly play with and tries to pair you up with someone new. Which is good, I guess, but I'd rather have fun than meet someone new. Guess that's just the introvert in me.

Trevor enjoyed VBS last week at our church. I think he enjoyed it for the learning about God and Jesus more as well as having a few of his preschool friends in class with him. This week is his last camp although next week I signed him up for swimming lessons. Those are only a little over a half hour every day M-F and than we basically have most of the next two weeks off to make sure everything is done for school. I know Trevor has been asking about going to the zoo, we'll head out to the cabin one more time, and I thought maybe he'd like to go back to the Children's Museum as well.

I have noticed that Trevor really enjoys doing things without Gwen while being in the company of one of his parents. On Saturday, Russ needed a tetanus shot and he was pretty interested in watching what was going on. And then yesterday, I had to bring piggy in to get an updated rabies shot for her to go in to be groomed. Again Trevor came with me and made a big deal about talking to the cat before we went in to explain that she needed a shot. I think he liked the fact that he was going without Gwen so he could really watch what was going on. While I've been talking about him having to get shots for his 5 year dr well-check, he still isn't looking forward to it. I don't know of many kids that do, but I'm hoping that him seeing everyone and every pet needs shots to stay healthy will register that it isn't something we are doing to try to be mean.

So that's what's going on here.

No comments: