Sunday, August 17, 2008

Whew!

So we made it through! Camps are done! I think I've figured out that Trevor likes active camps, or Bible School camps, and camps with his friends are always a winner. Last week was Peanut Sports camp. On the first day, when I asked him what he did, expecting to hear something like "basketball", or some other such sport, I got the answer of "Toilet Tag". Perfect for him. He was enthralled with it, and Russ and I played it with him for a while on Monday evening. Now, in case you are wondering, there is a tagger and everyone else. The tagger runs around trying to tag the other people, and once they do, you become a toilet. You have to crouch down and hold your hand out like the handle of a toilet. And then anyone that isn't a tagger can run around and rescue the tagged toilets by flushing them. It's a hoot. I'm pretty sure that it was the only day they played that particular game, but he kept talking about it like he wanted to play it every day.

Then on Friday, they put on a kickball game for the kids vs. the parents. They had a great turn-out! Both Russ and I went, and there were quite a few dad and mom representatives. If you ask Trevor what the best part was, it was getting me out. Russ claims he couldn't get Trevor to run after him with the ball. It was very nice to see the kids having fun and not have to worry about coaching them or teaching them. They naturally run the bases and kick the ball without saying much.

Yesterday, we made a trip out to the local YMCA on guest passes that I bid on in an auction. So everyone went swimming in the "leisure" pool. Gwen was not sure what to think for a while. But once she saw she could splash and kick the water, she was good. The water was warm and no one else was in that pool while we were in it. After that, we were able to go out to the MOA for dinner and a few rides before going home.

Then today I was able to play in the Couple's Club Championship. It was great day for golf. The weather was nice and warm but not humid. I didn't play as bad as I thought I was going to, but definitely not as good as I could have. We came in second place in our flight.

Now it's time to start the next week!

No comments: