Friday, August 22, 2008

Last day of swimming

I guess also the last day of a week long event, but I don't consider swimming lessons much of a camp like event. But with the introduction of the swim goggles, he found a new thing to do. Look underwater! He was telling me about it after class. He was very happy he could do it. I think his goggles still aren't as tight as they need to be but he is afraid of the snap factor when you put them on, so it will be hard to get him to pull them the right way so he doesn't hurt himself.

And then Gwen....I finally figured her out. Although the days we don't have something going on, she does really well when she only has one nap. She sleeps for two hours and wakes up happy. Trying to figure out how she should eat is a mystery for now, but maybe that will be the next task to complete. And in the mean time, mommy peace time is over. Gwen can only make it until noon or 1 at the latest. So she sleeps until 3 at the latest. When Trevor goes up for his "nap time". Which isn't usually a nap more than 50% of the time. However, I will say that watching one kid is significantly easier than both of them. They both get into less trouble when by themselves.

So when Gwen was sleeping today, Trevor wanted to play the "Frog Fraction" game. I figured out how to play and told Trevor what was what. The weird thing is...is that I "won" and he didn't care. Well, I shouldn't say he didn't care, he just didn't throw a big fit or even try to say that he won. We played again and although Gwen woke up before we were done, we finished and he won that game. I'm very confused. I still can't get him to understand (or maybe he does he doesn't like the truth) that Lightning McQueen does not win the last race. He decides that helping the King finish the race is more important. And whenever he and Gwen race to get into the car, and she wins, he immediately says that he is still in first place overall due to all the other races he has won. And even a few times that my mom has played some board games with her, I've watched as he has tried to get to the "finish line" as quick as possible. But with me? Maybe he just likes the time together....who knows. But as long as he has fun, I'm fine having the fun with him.

No comments: