Monday, August 11, 2008

She did it first

No, I'm not going to show you how Trevor likes to fight with Gwen. I was just noticing how Gwen hit a milestone before Trevor did. Actually, I guess she hit ones when it comes to sleeping, but I was thinking in terms of a physical milestone. She can now take up to 5 steps by herself. Trevor hit it at 10 1/2 months. I even have a video of it. But Gwen has been taking steps by herself for at least 4 days now. It's pretty cute. Then yesterday I watched her push herself from sitting to standing without needing some leverage. She can pull herself up no problem. I know it will be a few weeks before this is her preferred mode of transportation, but she is getting so big! She also loves to be read books, and her favorite is a book called, "Hands, Hands, fingers, thumbs" I make drumming noises with my hands when it says "drum" and she just loves it. She also likes to try to manipulate the books with her fingers, specifically turning pages. Oh, I've also had to put up the gate for the stairs since I watched her climb up them one day this week.

She's also loving to babble in her baby-speak. She can say things like mama, dada, nana (for night-night when she is tired or wants a bottle) and now I'm pretty sure she is saying something sounding like cra-ka for crackers.

Thankfully her naps are becoming more tolerable. Not actually sleeping more, just easier to put down. So if she wakes up, I know she is going to be up for good, even if she might be tired. She has the ability to sleep for a few hours if she needs it, but for the most part, it's between a half hour and 45 minutes.

And one more thing.....SLEEP! Having the Olympics on is not a good idea when you are trying to sleep at a decent hour at night. UG. I know I could just re-watch it when I got up in the morning, but I get so sucked in. Those swimmers sure do put on a good show!

No comments: