Friday, January 30, 2009

Catching up

Well we are only 4 short days (or 3...depends how you look at it) until our trip to Disney. Things are coming together nicely. I think I just got another reservation at the Lilo and Stitch restaurant. We'll be running some errands today and maybe even starting to pack depending on how motivated I am.

This past week has been pretty incredible for Gwen....and I feel a little bad saying this because my mom was on vacation. I'm pretty sure she'll notice a difference when she gets back. Her vocabulary and use of a conversation has really improved. Sometimes I think I'm talking to a 3 year old and not a 16 month old. I am a little worried how she is going to handle her "terrible twos" because when she was younger, I could easily see her throwing some pretty big temper tantrums. But they have seemed to decrease. It could very well be a temporary thing. But I also wonder if she understands a bit better how to communicate better and then doesn't feel the need to get as frustrated as fast. If she ever does squirm around and then ends up on her back, she immediately stops and looks around. Almost as if she just likes the view from down there.

But I have had a few conversations with her about dinner. She likes to see what we are eating and always assumes that we are having broccoli. It has been fun to have a conversation with her about not having broccoli the few times we don't have it. She almost looks sad while we talk about it.

So then Trevor had his Kindergarten registration last night. I have to say I'm a bit surprised by this school's overall lack of attention to detail. In the registration packet that they sent us, they had an outdated sheet of immunization requirements, information sheets with confusing and misspelled words and that continued into the presentation last night. The principal himself is awesome. He seems to know how to handle kids very well. And the teachers are kind and I'm guessing also work well with all the kids. But I can't get over the lack of organization of it all.

Yes they grouped kids together and gave them a tour of the school. Yes they had all the parents together to go over questions and information they might want. But not proof reading your information sheets and having the presentation be very hap-hazard just does not sit well with me. This "presentation" has been given many times. I don't get how it isn't ironed out yet. Oh well....things will work.

So he's still wanting to wear his name tag pencil today. Maybe that's a good sign. So we'll see how things go from here....

No comments: