Monday, January 19, 2009

The strange thing that bothers me....

So as a mom (and actually I learned to deal with it way before being a mom by being a camp counselor at a camp for special needs people) you get thrown into a lot of stuff. Most moms can say they have been pooped on, peed on, thrown up on, bled on, and just about any other what might be termed "gross" thing that can happen to you. I've discovered that there is only one thing that does not roll off my back like the others. And I have no idea why.

What is it? SPIT. I've been eating yogurt as a snack for myself, and Gwen loves feeding herself (and others) with a spoon. So if she sees the yogurt I'm eating, I will almost have to be done. She will first try it herself, get it all over her face and clothes, and then start feeding me. It gives me the chills just thinking about it. It bothers me even more than we are related. Now, thinking about it logically, I have no idea why it should bother me. "Swapping spit" when I was younger never bothered me. And if it is with Russ, it doesn't bother me. If it was a complete stranger that spit on me....it would gross me out more than if it were some other bodily fluid. But that is only if it were on my face.

So I was just thinking that it is kind of strange for me to be bothered by that and not anything else. And those are my thoughts....

No comments: