Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ahhh...the good old days

There is two ways this has been happening recently. Facebook has been being a big "good old days" reminiscing outlet recently. First by talking with and "seeing" friends I went to school with and work with. Then pictures started to come out. Not even necessarily of me, but of my friends from way back when.

Then last Friday, I was able to get together with a friend I have known since I was 5 years old. She was able to come over before our dinner reservations to say hi to the kids. Immediately, Trevor became his tour-guide self. I get that he thinks that whenever family comes over, he thinks they are coming over to see him, but even when I told him about "my" friend, he didn't act any different as if it would have been one of his friends. He asked her to play Lego Star Wars, go up and play in his room, eat dinner with us.... Gwen took to her right away too. She is a girl after all. Our dinner was wonderful. We went to my favorite restaurant, and the conversation was great. But again, it took me back.....high school, Jr. High, elementary school....ahhhhh

This past weekend, I found an old scrapbook that I had made of all my younger elementary school years events. T-ball, dance class, and even a few rolls of film that I took with my camera of my friends, family, and trips we took. I found a 5th grade picture where we were visiting the state capitol. I tried to name all the kids without the help of a yearbook. I did pretty well! And the rest of the kids, other people helped me name. Blast from the past I tell you!

Finally, Trevor headed back to school yesterday. Granted I can't exactly call the days way back last year, "the good old days" but it sure felt like it had been forever since he was in school. The strange thing was that both kids slept in pretty late. Which was something they hadn't done all break. I had to wake Gwen up a little before 8:30 just so I could be sure she was going to be dressed before we had to go.

Of course this morning, they were both up at 7:30 or earlier.... But back to the routine we are. Still working on a schedule for Disney. It is going to be here quick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.