Monday, January 12, 2009

Movie Time!

With some Christmas gift money, I purchased the movie "Honey I Shrunk the Kids". I moved over a stack of 12+ movies that we should watch before going to Disney due to the fact that there are rides or shows based on the movies and it would be helpful to know what they are talking about.

Trevor started his usual routine of protest when we got the movie saying that we could watch that movie "on Saturday" so that he wouldn't have to watch it. But we finally got him (with the typical bribe of popcorn) to watch the movie with us. Trevor then proceeded to ask questions throughout the movie either about what was next or what was going on. His big question was "Why did the scientist shrink his kids?"

I can say now after testing my own memory, thanks to my brothers, I have seen that movie enough times to know the entire plot and actually could recite most of the lines once the scene was set. The big moment near the end of the movie when Nicky was swimming in his dad's bowl of Cheerios was when Trevor started screaming out. "NO! Don't eat him!" Almost to the point of crying before the dog stopped him, and all was good. And then, after the movie was done, as is Trevor's way...he wanted to watch it again.

So this is doctor visit week for both of the kids. I'm still planning on getting a few more things organized for the disney trip....it doesn't really ever end until a few weeks after we are back....

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: