Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've been debating

Silly I know....I've been trying to decide if I should let "everyone" know about how Gwen's appointment went. For some reason I feel a twinge of guilt if I start bragging about the kids. But I've decided to go ahead and do it. If you don't want to read about it, than skip it, but I'm very proud of both of the kids and can't wait to brag about them many more times.

So far, this season, we haven't gotten hit very hard with illnesses. A few colds here and there, and they were sick for almost a whole month in late September, early October. So maybe that's going to be it for the tough sickness this year. Anyway, I was really happy to report when we were with the doctor yesterday that Gwen has gotten a few colds and has been able to fight them off herself well enough so that she hasn't gotten an ear infection. Very unlike Trevor. This was the time when Trevor seemed to get ear infections every other month.

I do have a few things I need to take care of with her. Namely getting her off her bottles. I'm keeping them for now only because I am concerned about her milk intake. She will not take any from a cup, even if it is a sippy cup or a straw cup. So when we go to disney in THREE WEEKS!!! I won't be bringing the bottles. He suggested watering down the bottles if I wanted to get her off of them sooner. She actually isn't that bad off for calcium. She likes cheese and yogurt, and she is pretty good with broccoli, pears, and grapes. I just wish she would eat more meat or things for breakfast.

But when it came to her development, based on all the things she is doing or has done, she is developmentally a 2 year old already. (So does that mean I can start to give her modified time outs because she really seems like she needs them already!!!! JOKING......) She is supposed to have 3-4 words in her vocabulary. I told him she is good to at least 30 words or so. She can run around now. She uses a spoon and loves to do it. She likes to point out things and knows what is coming in the books that she reads. She uses the words "yes" and "no" (and no too too much for my liking). She can say "hi" and "bye" to people. She can kick a ball.

She is definitely going through her bouts of stranger anxiety and the doctor said that now will be her peak time. But she goes through it pretty quick. It usually lasts all of about 2 minutes at most. She knows she'll still have fun once mom is gone.

Well, I hear the little girl now. Time to battle the cold for the day today!

1 comment:

Kevin and Kelsey said...

If she gets over her stranger anxiety in about 2 minutes, how come she is still afraid of me? The lovable Uncle Kevin? Ok, so maybe i might play a little too rough with Trevor for her tastes.. but come on! :-)

Congrats on raising the bar yet again for your younger siblings kids to live up to!

We'll try our best, but the kiddies you got are pretty amazing!