Thursday, April 30, 2009

How could I forget?

We went to Teddy Bear park in Stillwater on Tuesday. I'm sad to say that Trevor has really outgrown the park. Going there, he was looking forward to it, saying he was going to find a friend to play with...as he did in the past. But either the "friends" there weren't what he was looking for, or they were too young, or both. He didn't end up playing directly with anyone. Gwen LOVED the park. So of course she is at a great age for it.

So with that, I am 100% happy with the choice to keep Trevor in programs this summer. I have heard that the time between preschool and Kindergarten is the hardest, and we are seeing it a little already. There are plenty of things he likes to do, but it seems in direct competition with Gwen and what she is able to do. He likes to play board games. But if it is around Gwen, she gets into all the little pieces and doesn't play it the right way.

Gwen is already pushing her one nap later and later, and while I would "get rid" of Trevor's naptime, it really is the only time I can get stuff done. Maybe I'll work something out so that he won't have to nap every day during the week in the summer. We'll have to see how it goes. On the nice days, we can hang out outside while Gwen naps, but on the icky rainy days, I might just need that hour or so by myself.

No comments: