Sunday, April 26, 2009

It's time for Gwen....

She's really starting to "grow up" right before my eyes. Somehow I'm already able to have short conversations with her. It makes me giggle and warms my heart every time she says "Welcome Mama". It's really cute if it is correctly used. Such as when she gives me something or brings me something. My automatic response is, "Thank you Gwennie" so she quickly says "Welcome Mama". Of course if she asks for something, and I give it to her, I get the same response "Welcome Mama". So I'm trying to answer as if she did say Thank you. "Welcome Gwennie".

She's also now able to pull herself onto our couch. Which is not very good since Trevor already runs all over the couch. Whenever someone lifts her onto the couch, she runs all over it like Trevor does. But at least at that point, we controlled when she was on the couch. Now she does it herself, and I'm pretty much having to let her do it. I can't keep pulling her off of it, especially since Trevor is on the couch most of the time he is here.

So I've decided that I need to take her to her own class. When Trevor was her age, he was in ECFE classes, Gymboree classes, and swimming lessons. I did have her in ECFE classes, but they really didn't work with how far away from home and how I had to leave early to go get Trevor from preschool. But I've found a Gymboree-like class that is right in the middle of preschool. I think she's really going to enjoy it. Although I've never been to a class at this place, since it isn't something that I leave her, I know she'll have a lot of fun.

Then yesterday, Trevor went to his first birthday party where the parents drop the kid off at the party. I knew his image of a birthday party was skewed since all of the birthday parties that he knew about involved our families. So my concern was around how much he understood that the party wasn't about him and that things like blowing out the candles and opening presents were not something that he would be "helping" with.

But according to the party coordinator, all went well. He had his usual issues with not wanting to be last, as well as not really feeling comfortable enough to play in the games immediately, but he warmed up to it all. As well as now talking about his party that he gets to invite his friends to. Although he still thinks he wants to invite family and friends. It'll still be a learning process for a little while.

No comments: