Saturday, April 18, 2009

This week I loved the weather

I keep trying to forget how yucky it was here last year. It didn't get warm until after the fourth of July. I know we had snow well into April. Easter was really early. So I've really been happily looking forward to weeks like this past one. It started on Tuesday, outside all morning and then a little in the afternoon too. Then after preschool we were able to play outside on their playground for a good half hour. And the kids were able to get to the big park on Thursday c/o Bubba.

Yesterday the temp actually hit 75 which allowed me to actually get some SUN! (Yes I am aware that sun can age my skin) I had thought about going to the tanning booth, but I think I'm going to try my luck with the free stuff. Also, all the while when I was in the backyard, Trevor had fun playing T-ball outside. It is so much fun to see him with so much confidence hitting the ball and running around.

In addition to the happiness of the weather, seems to have come with it, Trevor's big social/emotional development. He seems to have come to realize that playing with Gwen makes for much better things than when he doesn't treat her kindly. I've seen him on more than one occasion trying to play with her, either by teaching her something, or by doing whatever she is doing. Of course most of the time Gwen's reaction is to assume he is trying to attack her, or perhaps part of it is that she doesn't know how to play with him yet. However, she has decided to have a conversation with him on a few occasions, and now that Trevor understands a lot of what she is saying, he will try to talk with her. It really melts my heart.

So with the great weather, comes a great week. Now if we could just duplicate the weather every week....and if it has to rain, make it rain at night ;-) It's going to be a wonderful summer!

No comments: