Friday, November 27, 2009

And the Thanks continues

Well I'm back from Black Friday shopping for the boys' presents. I have 20 more minutes left of a 5 year old, but I wanted to express my Thanks again for the wonderful day yesterday. For some reason the stars were aligned and everything turned out perfectly. I can never seem to get the timing of the Turkey to match up with everything else, but this year, it seemed to make a difference in the way it tasted....in a very good way. I had heard that if you are done with the turkey earlier, you keep the tenting on it and then place a bath towel on top to keep the heat and moisture. Also, we had turned the temperature down because I already knew it was going to get done too early. So if it was a combination of both or one or the other, we had a very delicious turkey this year. The rolls turned out, the pies turned out, the gravy and potatoes, the stuffing, the wine, the snacks, the green bean casserole....there wasn't anything that didn't work.

This morning I woke up to a completely spic and span kitchen. I'm still a little dragging due to my early shopping excursion, but perhaps I'll be able to take a nap. If my mind slows down.

So Thank You one last time to everyone that made the day perfect. It is wonderful to be able to share the day with anyone who can come. So bring on the birthday boy!

No comments: