Saturday, November 21, 2009

Well Trevor, you are almost 6

I was a little nervous, and probably too paranoid about the whole thing. Trevor had his surprise birthday party today. Because his birthday isn't until 6 more days, that was really the only thing he didn't really understand. And it's not like I could explain it to him. Even Sam tried...."Trevor, I didn't have my birthday party on my birthday either..." He quickly got over it, and the kids loved the "SURPRISE" part of the party. Mark this day down as well. It was warm enough for the kids to go outside and play for a little bit as well.

Trevor had hockey practice, so the kids could come over in advance, and I could decorate and clean a little bit. Gwen went down from her nap before the kids arrived as well. I had some balloons that the kids decided they wanted to throw up in the air when Trevor came in the house. And the first thing out of his mouth? "But it's not my birthday today." He had a very puzzled look on his face.

We played some party games...pinata, beanbag toss, pop-the-balloon, had some Phinneas and Ferb music playing (which Julie loved), played some games outside, had ice cream and cake, ate some candy...and ended with Disney DVD Bingo. Kind of funny seeing as how the moms of the kids that were over love to go out and play Bingo together when we can. And just like her mom, Julie could not get a bingo to save her life. Gwen woke up about halfway through the party, so she was able to play with the kids too. She and Abby played with the dolls and after she had gone home, Gwen kept asking about her playing with the dolls.

Thanks to hubby for helping wrangle the kids and all the moms for letting the kids come over and play! I don't think that Trevor really thinks it was a surprise party. I think Russ said he said he was ALMOST surprised. So maybe another year he'll just have to have another almost surprise party. We'll have to see if he suspects it......

No comments: