Saturday, July 21, 2007

And what a nice day it was!

I'm so glad that I didn't jinx myself by saying that it was going to be a better day yesterday. It truly was! We went from music class, to playing outside, to lunch, to making brownies, to visiting church, to nap, to dinner. All without a single meltdown or big tantrum. I've been struggling with how to get T going when we need to go somewhere, and what I just tried was setting the timer. Saying that when the timer goes off, that's when I'm leaving. I'm hoping he sees it as a little game, but whatever it is, it worked yesterday. He went to the bathroom and put his sandals on himself in usually under 2 minutes.

After dinner last night, Russ and I were able to get out to play Euchre. It was a late night, but very fun. It was a gorgeous night, and we got to play outside. We finished 2nd place..... and had great adult conversation. Just what I needed! Now I just need to catch up on sleep and I'll be good to tackle the rest of the week!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Great idea on the timer, Krissy! Keep us posted on whether it continues to work. It takes us forever to get out of the house!