Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I tell you, this baby KNOWS

First off, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to my brother Kevin for helping us out in a pinch last night. Had it not been for him, I would not have gotten to go golfing (Again, I did really well). Russ got called to a court case to testify and we did not line up anyone to babysit. I hope he did well for you, and didn't give you any problems! So Thank You again!

So I had a thought last night. If I had the ability to converse with the unborn baby at this point, I think I have an idea of how it would go: (For your reference, I affectionately refer to the baby as Kermie since I do not know the sex, and Kermie could be a boy or a girl ;-)

Me: "Is everything going ok in there?"

Kermie: "Yes Mom"

Me: "Because you know this pregnancy has been so different than with Trevor, I just want to make sure you are doing ok."

Kermie: "I know mom, it's that second child syndrome or whatever. I will always be compared to Trevor because that is the only experience you've had before."

Me: "Ok, well like I said, I just want to make sure everything is ok."

Kermie: "Well, I had heard that you were getting a bit doubtful, so I decided to help you out a little bit. Did you notice how active I was for you yesterday?"

Me: "Oh yes."

Kermie: "And what about last night? You thought for some reason I COULDN'T wake you up on the middle of the night?"

Me: "You are right Kermie....I shouldn't have doubted you."

Kermie: "And I thought I'd make sure you remembered you were pregnant and in the last trimester."

Me: "Yes, I did get that message too. And while I don't think my back thanks you, I for sure remembered after feeling that. That's the other thing I should have remembered - you jinx yourself as soon as you mention how good things are going. I learned that with Trevor."

Kermie: "Ok mom, well it sounds like you got the message. See you in a few months!"

Me: "Thanks again, and glad to hear things are going well."

2 comments:

Erika said...

LOVE IT! I can't wait to see you, Kermie!

Dawn said...

So cute! I'm glad Kermie was able to reassure you a bit...what a good baby already! :-)