Thursday, August 16, 2007

The funniest word is.....RRT

As I've said before, Trevor is really into finding out how letters form words and the such. One of my college friends Heather got Trevor the Leap Frog Word Whammer after seeing him play with it at her house. He always liked the ABC song that it would sing, but now he has started using it again when it helps you make words. Especially when it asks you to make rhymes. So now we play rhyming games. "Mommy, what rhymes with table?" He can even get some of the simpler ones like Dog and Fog.

Well, as part of the baby preparations, Russ took off the letters of Trevor's name in the nursery to move into his room. But to him, they are letters to make words. *As a side note, I never realized how many words can be made from "Trevor" - Vote, voter, rot, vet, etc....

So he was moving the letters around, and asking me what they spelled. I would try to help him out to make actual words, and of course that wasn't all that interesting. And when the "word" RRT was made, that was the best thing ever. He loved the sound of the word. So he asked me again and again. Then, he'd even add an "o" to the end, to make RRTO. That was a pretty good word too. I wonder if we'll be able to get TREVOR up on the wall, or if they just turned into spelling letters.

No comments: