Friday, August 24, 2007

No really...what do you think???

I wish everyone could live a day in the body of a 8 month pregnant woman. It would AMAZE you how many people want to touch you, talk to you, ask you questions, give you their unsolicited advice, and just in general sound like they care when in reality if you weren't pregnant, you wouldn't get a second glance.

The check-out lady got me at the grocery store yesterday. I only had a small basketful of groceries, but she quickly said, "How are you and your little girl doing?" Uh, what? She then clarified by saying, "You know you are having a girl, right?" I corrected her by saying that we had not found out. I then had to listen to her harp on me for not finding out. Like that was the worst thing in the world I could have ever done. And apparently her expert opinion is because of how I'm carrying the little babe. Weird thing is, that she thought I looked like I was carrying high, and I've always felt like the baby is going to squirt out if I take one wrong step...that's how low it feels.

Anyway....Between all the questions, and incredulous thoughts as to how far along I look.... It's kind of hard to take when you don't like the attention to begin with. Oh well...just a few more weeks hopefully. Then my life will be turned upside down, yet again. BRING IT ON!!!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Well, that does it....it the checkout woman says Kermie is a girl- girl she is!!!! WTF?? Don't worry- you won't be preggo forever and the unwanted convos will end.