Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers

I'm sure everyone has now heard about the bridge collapse on 35W that happened last night. There is a link to the CNN story here: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/02/bridge.collapse/index.html

Talk about stories that hit too close to home..... Russ participated in a golf event that took place North of the cities and had driven on that exact bridge twice yesterday. Thank goodness he was not in the 2nd group of golfers or he might have been a lot closer to the time when that happened. Then, Erik, one of Russ's High School friends had been 1/2 a mile from crossing the bridge when it collapsed. 35W itself is a road that I drive probably once a week. I am very familiar with that stretch of road. I hope they are able to find out a solution to make this not happen in the future. At this point, I think it is the only thing we can hope for.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family's of the victims of this horrible disaster.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Verrrrry scary- I'm so glad you all are ok! Crazy how many bridges are in similar situations!