Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Just a few happenings

Well last night was the last night of T-ball for Trevor. It was pretty cool to watch him figure out some of the rules....like before he started he didn't know about running the bases. Russ was very good at teaching him about coach pitch (or dad pitch), so he's still a little tentative on hitting off a tee, but he loves to run the bases. Too bad we don't actually have bases, but I remember that we didn't either. We used the sewer tank tops sometimes at our house. And here we have golf holes, so he has been able to practice.

He also has been learning how to use his glove to catch the ball, and then throw it back. His throwing is a little side-armed. Very cute, and if he's a pitcher (like dad) it will really come in handy. But it's a little off target sometimes.

Anyway, we'll have another year to work on baseball stuff. And next year I'm sure he'll have a lot of fun too. Every week he was asking when he got to play t-ball again. And don't forget how much fun it is to watch!!!

On another note, I assume you have heard the phrase: "Don't wake a sleeping baby." And with Trevor I sure didn't ever want to. Well, last night (actually early this morning) I was up, and wondering how long it had been since I felt a good kick. I wasn't worried, but just wanted that reassurance that everything was ok. So I decided to push around on "Kermie". Not long after, the baby was up, and playing around. DUH.....so of course that kept me awake for at least another hour or so. Silly mommy. So I guess the phrase applies to unborn children as well. Don't wake them either.

No comments: