Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yet another busy weekend

I THINK we are finally at the end of our crazy busy weekends, until the baby arrives. Friday night Russ and I went bowling with the moms and dads that have kids around Trevor's age. I found out that bowling is something I can do, even as pregnant as I am. So that was nice. And we didn't stay up quite as late as we would have if we had played cards, which was the original plan.

Saturday was the 10 year High School Reunion for Russ's High School. Seeing as how Russ took charge of the reunion, we were there from beginning until end of both events. Starting out with the picnic up in Brooklyn Center and ending downtown Minneapolis at the Palomino restaurant. We were on the road starting at 10:15 or so, and ended after midnight. It was a fast paced, but hard day on a pregnant lady as I had to spend most of the entire day on Sunday trying to get rid of the swelling, tired feeling I had.

Russ did a great job, as he always does when he plans things. And from what I overheard, and was told, everyone in attendance enjoyed the reunion.

Trevor got some quality time with his aunt Tracy on Friday, and Uncle Derek (and future Aunt Kyrsten) on Saturday. He was BEAT on Sunday, and is still a little worn out a few days later. Now I know, from my childhood that things you are interested in do not always turn into what you do with your life because when I was younger, I LOVED (and actually still do) to go to Laundro-mats. Family loved to say that when I grew up, I was destined to run a laundro-mat. Unfortunately, my career path never really went in that direction.

But with everything that Trevor has been interested in - probably since he was a little over a year old, it is hard to see that he won't be continually interested in some form of cars, traffic, or geography field. Yes, the boy does have a wonderful memory, like his dad that uses it often to quote and recite movies from, but whenever we take rides in the car, he loves to ask about cities we are in, looking for water towers, and asking about signs and streets that we are crossing. When we drove up to the picnic for the reunion on Saturday, we drove past 3 water towers. Edina, St. Louis Park, and then Brooklyn Center. He has seen the first two often enough, but was pretty excited to see the new one. So he was telling Kyrsten and Derek about it, but could not remember what city was on the last one. So he was asking them. Unfortunately, they thought it was another city around Bloomington, like Eden Prairie. But when he asked me about it the next day, I remembered, reminded him that it was Brooklyn Center, and he got very excited that that was the city that he saw.

Oh....speaking of excitement, we drive by the church that Trevor will be going to preschool almost anytime we go anywhere. So I've been talking to him about it, saying that it is where he will be going to school, "in September". But now, I've started to count down the days. And yesterday, it was down to 10 more days. At which point, I think he understands how close 10 days is, and was REALLY excited to hear it was so close. And now today, it's 9 more days....I have a feeling he's going to enjoy school a lot. And I'll have plenty more stories to tell.

No comments: