Monday, August 20, 2007

The Weekend is OVER

Actually, now that I think of it, that would be a much more appropriate heading for next weekend. Next weekend, we have something going on every day, including Friday night. It's going to be a busy one. This last weekend was nothing compared to that, yet I'm exhausted and not sleeping well, so I'm probably a very cranky girl.

I do want to say yet another huge THANK YOU to my Cmoms friends that threw me a lovely baby shower on Friday night. And not that I didn't think that I was about to have a baby before the shower, but this REALLY kicked it into gear for me. I still need to go out and get a few small items to feel a bit more prepared for the little "Kermie".

And what is really cool about these "showers" (we've had one for each of our second - and in one case third children) is that we have figured out how to add webcams to the mix, so we can watch the honoree open the gifts and even occasionally get a glimpse of the kids if they are still awake.

Fast forward to Saturday..... Tracy and I tried our luck at a local card club in a Ladies only Poker event. Tracy did very well....outlasted more than half the field. And I just could not get the cards I needed to stay in the tournament. I did make it to the first break which is an hour and a half. But the main point was that we both had a really good time, and maybe if they keep doing them we'll play in another one someday.

While we were at cards, Trevor, dad, Grandma, and Amy all got to go to the zoo. It wasn't a very nice day, but there is plenty to do indoors so they got their day's worth of fun animals.

So on to the week. Going to run some errands, have some visitors, and prepare for the busy weekend ahead.

No comments: