Thursday, October 2, 2008

My thoughts always get jumbled

I did get most of what I thought out there, but there were a few things that I missed.

Mostly....I wasn't trying to make any other parent feel guilty about how they parent. I see nothing wrong with leaving the kids in the car while you drop one of them off for example ;-) I was amazed at the attitudes of parents now and what is acceptable and what some people determine is abuse. The people that were calling in or standing up and explaining that they were not for ANY time in the car, were quickly asked by Dr. Phil, so you NEVER leave you kids in the car? They quickly answered that they never did. Meanwhile most of the other people laughed when they heard the mom say this. It just isn't realistic.

And when the mom that left the child to let him find his way home was on, they were quick to show the level 2 sex offenders in the route that the child took back home. But my question is, has that really changed? Now we have a way of tracking things like that. But has it really increased the amount of predators or are we just more aware of them? So that point is not valid in my opinion.

Since I'm talking about parenting, I will say that the hardest thing for me so far is to change something I've thought was the best only to find a better way of doing things. I've been getting a lot of information on sibling rivalry. It really is hard to sit back and let the kids resolve their own conflicts. But I also know that if Trevor would have had this time to work on having to deal with another person playing with toys, he might have had an easier time at school. As it is, he is learning how to resolve things there.

So that's what I'm working on for now. Tomorrow is a big day! I'll update on the weekend with pictures and other things.

1 comment:

Erika said...

I didn't take anything you said wrong. :) I got what you were saying completely and agree w/ you! I'm pretty much live and let live unless clearly kids are being neglected or are in danger. I thought about you this morning when I was taking the kids into Target.

Ugh, the sibling rivalry. Now THAT'S a hot item around here too. For us, everything will be fine and then WHAM! FIGHT! Makes me mental.