Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The weekend of last

This past weekend...not a lot went on. More cleaning/organizing the outdoor projects. The driveway is CLEAR! We got rid of the extra supplies for the wall via craigslist. The pallets are being broken down to firewood. Next is the garage. And that isn't horrible, but it will take some time.

Friday night Russ and I had a date night and tried out a new restaurant called Bloomington Chop House. I guess I should have taken the hint that we got right in for a reservation the day before we went. It was pretty empty while we were there. Our service was horrible. Granted, we couldn't see the entire restaurant, but this was supposed to be a steak/seafood place of the upscale variety. The food was decent. The prime rib was better than the crab legs. I'd rather eat them at Red Lobster. So not the best experience overall. But I'm no restaurant critic, so don't take my word for it.

Saturday was errand running for Russ. Then we went to the golf course for dinner. I'll be excited when they get the pizza oven done. It would be nice to have something different there from time to time.

And Sunday was a poker tournament that I decided to play in. I guess they had a pretty low turnout for the event compared to last year. I made it through well over half the entrants and almost to the second break, but no luck in the money again. One of these events, I'll do it. Just have to get the cards at the right time.

So that brings us to this week. I'm hoping today goes by fast...as I hate Tuesdays ;-)

No comments: