Sunday, February 17, 2008

The countdown is finally here!

So although Trevor really only cares about the Sprint/Nextel cup of Nascar, he does recognize the screen crawl for Nascar if it is on the screen. We have been counting down to the Daytona 500 which was today. But the other cup (It was the Busch series last year) did run yesterday, and I just missed it on ESPN2. I flipped it on as they were wrapping up, and I wish I had a camera to capture Trevor's look on his face when he saw the Nascar crawl at the top of the screen. He RAN to his seat and sat down. Of course, I had to tell him it wasn't the right day, and that race was done.

But we made up for it today. They had coverage starting at 9am which I had playing in the background. He was at his nascar table, with his nascar cars for almost the entire day. I think although we had explained that the red #8 car is no more, actually seeing the #88 car, it finally clicked with him. I think the only thing that would have made it a bit better, would have been someone that he had should have won the race. And we have a lot. FYI.

So another thing - after the race, I switched to America's Funniest Home Videos. I think Trevor has grown up a little bit since the last time we watched the show which was probably 3 months or so ago. Of course they had a lovely hitting/pushing segment devoted to kids pushing down or hitting another kid. Trevor cracked up laughing when watching this segment. He hasn't really laughed at anything on this show, that I can remember. So its cool to see that his sense of humor is developing.

No comments: