Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Trevor may be growing up...

but I can still pull one over on him occassionally. Hee hee.

So Russ was playing "Metro-aide" last night, or I guess I should say Trevor wanted to play, but then finds out he is not good enough to play, and gets Russ to finish. But while he's playing, he likes to reinact whatever is going on. With Metroid, it's always been putting a plastic cup over his hand and shooting with it. It has been at least 4-5 months or so since he has played Metroid. But Trevor knew to ask for the plastic cup.

It was his name for it, that really got to me. He called it his "pew-pew". Meaning the sound that the laser made when you shoot it. But when he asked for it last night, he asked where his "shooter" went. Awww...my little baby grew up. He didn't want to call it his pew pew anymore. Actually, he didn't remember. Because after I said it to Russ, he quickly called it his pew-pew.

Then, for dinner, as I stated before, Trevor has been anti-french fries for a while now. Last night we had steak for dinner, and I bought tater tots. Not my most favorite food, but I knew that they were at least somewhat close to fries. Maybe I could get Trevor started on the road to french fries again.

So when they arrived at the table, he poo-poo'd them. Didn't want them even on his plate. But he had to try them, and after he tried them, the tots on the table that he had moved off of his plate, quickly disappeared. Funny thing, we put some ketchup on his plate too if he wanted to dip his tots in it and he ended up using them for his steak. HECK, like I care. Whatever it takes to eat a good dinner and I'm happy!

So maybe maybe he'll slowly go back to french fries. If not, at least we have a quick alternative that we can make which aren't baked potatoes (Trevor won't eat those either though).

UPDATE: Gwen just got up from his nap, and Trevor actually ASKED to have her moved closer to him so he could do his Nascar race for her, and now is doing his train story for her. Now this could be because he is trying to avoid his nap, but really I'm happy that he at least has a short sliver of time where he isn't telling her to stop looking at him. Hooray for Trevor!

No comments: