Friday, April 18, 2008

Pray Pray Pray

That's all I can really do at this point. And be SO Thankful that I am blessed with a healthy family. I now know 3 children that have a caringbridge website where their parents update the blog or journal with how they are doing. I have to say that it really helps direct prayers and know what is going on and keep in touch by mentioning how wonderful they are.

Trevor's friend Ryan has a little sister that was born with heart problems that have caused her to undergo a few major heart surgeries (and is actually in the middle of recovering from one now). I'm hoping they will not mind that I post their sites: www.caringbridge.org/visit/babyweness

Trevor's friend Elizabeth has a little brother that has Hereditary Spherocytosis as well as Neurofibromatosis. He has been having to have blood transfusions to keep his hemoglobin up to healthy numbers. His site is: www.caringbridge.org/visit/henrygorder

And now I just got a mail message from my ECFE teacher for Gwen's class where a classmate of hers just found out that she has stage 4 cancer. They are undergoing aggressive chemotherapy and at the moment it looks like she is responding well to the treatment. They found out about her diagnosis between the spring break classes. And her site is: www.caringbridge.org/visit/giannagrace

I also read these sites to give myself inspiration on those tough days. My "tough" days are nothing compared to these families. But it gives me strength to be able to pray and wish that their days are filled with love and good news.

1 comment:

Erika said...

You're not kidding, Kristine! I've been reading stuff like that a lot lately and it really makes you thankful and take a step back and reevaulate your own place. Sending positive thoughts to your friends!!!!