Tuesday, April 29, 2008

She loves to laugh

And boy does Trevor love to try and get a good belly laugh out of her. Even simple smiles, she smiles brightly back at someone. When we are at her "school" it amazes me how much she likes to "talk" and smile and laugh at everyone. Adults and babies alike. I'm pretty sure (based on my memory, or lack thereof) that Trevor was not like this. So I'm pretty sure she is going to be a very different personality than he has become. She needs someone to look at and smile at to keep her calm.

But while Trevor was always and still is pretty good about playing by himself, I think he much prefers to be the center of attention and star of the show. You put him in a social setting and he shines. He did have a time, I think when he was a little over 2 years old when we were in ECFE where he threw a fit when I left to go in the "parent room" but it only lasted a month or so and he was over it. I wonder if he knew it would give hi the attention of the teachers which is what he really wanted. Because he never did it with babysitters.

Gwen is already freaking out if someone leaves the room and has already upset if she can see us walk out the door. I can see her transition during the transition class being very difficult. At least for some of the transitions she should be a bit better if Trevor is there.

But for now, everyone remarks on how smiley she is and what a happy girl she is. Although she can be a very upset baby too. Guess we'll see what it turns into!

Oh, and this morning, everyone slept in until 6:00! WOO HOO for a well-rested mama!

No comments: