Thursday, April 17, 2008

Wow does she need some sleep help....

So it has now been a week and a half of sleep training for Gwen. She started out that her naps were just a mess. Still napping about every 2 hours, for maybe 15 minutes. Because I had talked to the doctor way back at her 4 month appointment, I had just resolved the fact that she was a good night sleeper and bad napper. Which given the choice, I'd rather have a good night sleeper. Of course since then, everything had gone downhill. But at least I knew she could sleep through the night.

And when I started training her, she quickly went back into the good routine of sleeping through the night. I haven't had to feed her or give her a bottle at night since two weeks ago this Sunday. Now, s-l-o-w-l-y her naps are trying to resolve themselves. I have NO idea what is going to happen, because it all has. She has slept for a total of 45 minutes (non-consecutively) during her naps. She has take 3 one hour naps during the day. She has taken 3 half hour naps during the day. And then there was today..... We went over to the garage sale, dropped Trevor off at preschool, and then I figured I would come home and put her down for a morning nap. NOPE. She seemed asleep at about 9:45, but would not stay asleep so I went up to get her shortly before 10:00. So she was up until of course I had to go and get Trevor. So I gave her a bottle at 11:00, and put her in her carseat at 11:15. I ran around and got a few things around the house. Drove over to preschool, asked one of the moms I knew to pick up Trevor and bring him upstairs while Gwen slept. Then we drove back over to the garage sale. I rolled the window down and parked right by the sale. And of COURSE she slept the entire time we were there....and was still sleeping when I pulled into the garage. Finally woke up at 1:45. Two and a half hour nap. She hasn't taken that long of a nap since she was a brand newborn. What in the heck is that about? I think she is now learning how to nap.

Ok...this has taken the entire day to write...I'll have to pick up my thoughts some other time.

No comments: