Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gettin' back into the swing of things

Pun intended. My Ladies 9 hole league had their opening dinner last Tuesday, but the course wasn't even open yet. So our first league game is this Tuesday. It was nice to see everyone that I hadn't seen since before Gwen was born. I was asked a lot about her as well as getting a lot of comments that people were surprised I was going to do golfing. Are you kidding me? An excuse to get out in decent weather, playing a sport I can hope to get better at, with adults only? I can't think of anything better!

So anyway, at the dinner, I ran into a woman that Russ and I played with for a couple's event last year. She was very anxious to hear about having the baby and actually wanted me to play with a few other women on Saturday. I told her I couldn't commit to it, but I could also take my name off the tee sheet if I couldn't.

And Saturday came and although it was freezing out, I made it! I walked the entire 18 holes, played all 18 (only kept score for 9 though) and had a really good time. I have a long way to go to keep working on lowering my handicap, but I also need some new clubs and the weather was yucky, and the course wasn't in top shape, and it did feel funny playing without all that weight in my front, (insert any other excuse I can think of here).

I am a bit unhappy at the weather lately. We get about one good day a week. And that is not ok in my book. I want something other than bone chilling weather and I have to be done wearing winter coats and boots now please. And Gwen is out of 12 month clothes, and I refuse to buy heavy clothes for her even in 18 month because she won't be in them by the time September and October roll around. It sure has been a long winter and it seems to be making the summer be shorter and shorter.

No comments: