Monday, January 21, 2008

Another game of basketball

This image really kind of describes how the games go for me. The guy in the red is the "referee" who says who has the ball. The two other grown-ups are the respective coaches of the two teams and then of course you have the rest of the kids.

Actually, this is one of the few times Trevor is somewhat in with the other group of kids. Usually he is at the end of the court by himself, or racing one other kid. He does have his required one time a game that he brings the ball up or shoots a basket, but otherwise he is just off in his own little world.

It is very obvious to other parents that he is the youngest kid on the team because I seem to get a lot of "support" that he is doing really well for his age. But it is really hard to remember that although he isn't playing the game correctly, he still is learning and having fun. He really likes it. But I think for next session, we are going to go back to swimming lessons. He has been asking about them as well, and if we can work it out, I'm going to try to take lessons with Gwen at the same time. As soon as they allow them.

And one other thing about the weekend....YAHOO GIANTS! I may not usually cheer for them during any other point in the year, but I am a true Bears/Vikings fan. I root for the Bears and whomever is playing against the Packers.

No comments: