Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Here we go....

I have a very happy announcement to make! Gwen just made her first physical milestone of rolling over! I honestly didn't even think she was going to because she doesn't like being on her tummy, but all of a sudden she got more tolerant and rolled over a few times yesterday.

She also has been laughing at me. I love that baby belly laugh. Along with everything, she just doesn't want to sit still anymore. She will try to turn around and face whatever is going on. Another squirmy wormy.

Now, if you haven't ever read the book Touchpoints by T. Berry Brazelton, I highly recommend it to any parent with a young child. In the book, it talks about how at every major milestone or growth spurt, you will notice a period of chaos where the baby is "working on" the milestone. This means they don't eat a lot, don't sleep a lot, and are generally a little more fussy. So it's kind of bittersweet. You are really excited about their new achievement, but you get NO sleep and it really tries your patience. I've noticed it a lot harder with two kids too.

Add to that, that Trevor has a touch of an upset tummy and it does not make for a fun house. Plus, we still have a lot going on this month and next. Not crazy like the holidays, but things so that it isn't exactly stress-free going on here.

But such is life....I am really enjoying both kids and all their accomplishments. I'm very lucky to be their mom ;-)

No comments: