Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Puzzling kids

Well, I'm not really sure what to make of Gwen. Not that you can ever "figure out" any baby in order to predict what they are going to do. But I'm beginning to think I just do not have a good napper in her. She does sleep WONDERFULLY at night. She goes to bed between 9:30 - 10:30 and wakes up 5:30 - 7:00. If she does get up for the morning, she is down again in an hour and takes her only good nap of the day. But for the most part, she does not nap for longer than 40 minutes. It is very hard to get anything done that requires a lot of time. But she is very happy to sit in the snuggly and watch whatever is going on. So at least that's good.

I went through Trevor's pictures and noticed that the first time we took Trevor to the lake was just before he was 4 months old. And I know when we took him, he did really well in the car. I'm pretty sure he was taking a good nap in the afternoon at that point. Not so with Gwen. But I have a feeling if we could just get her there, she would sleep through and go down for bedtime pretty easily. But with Trevor, he was up probably 4-5 times and fitfully slept at best.

So while I'm guessing that Gwen will take longer naps, I just don't see her napping like Trevor did. I hope I'm wrong, but even if I'm not, I'd much rather have her sleep well at night than during the day, because that way I can at least not feel so guilty about not keeping to her nap schedule if we have to go out and do something.

In other news, Gwen is getting to that really cute, immobile stage. I classify immobile as not crawling or rolling around with purpose. I haven't seen her roll from back to tummy, although she can roll to her side, and go from tummy to side, so I bet she could if she wanted to. But she has found that she loves to touch and grab her toes. And laugh a lot. I really have to get some video of it.

You know, I always think of things that I want to write about, but I get here and I totally forget about it. Why is that?

No comments: