Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dreams

I'm not sure if babies have dreams, or when they begin, but I think sometimes when Gwen wakes up screaming it is because of a dream. This morning was one of those days. She was just howling, but I was able to settle her down and put her back to sleep right away.

Of course Trevor has been dreaming a lot too lately. Now he knows they are dreams, and can tell me about them. Although some times he seems to think that the dreams are what really can happen.

The first dream I remember him having was when we were in Mexico a year ago. He was talking in his sleep, so I asked him about it the next morning. I don't remember exactly what was said, but it was a happy dream so I knew when I asked him to go to sleep, he could dream about it again. That time it was something about Mater (from the movie Cars) being in the sky. I think it might have been like looking at clouds and seeing what they looked like. So when I ask him to dream again, I often say, "Why don't you dream about Mater in the sky?" It often puts a smile on his face.

More often than not his dreams are movie or video game related. But two nights ago, he was remembering his dream as he was eating breakfast. He told me he dreamt that his juice was really hot. I'm guessing this is because he has been having coffee (well more like milk drinks decaffeinated) and he has been frustrated because they have been so hot. So anyway, even though he told me that that was what he dreamed, he asked me again and again and why his juice wasn't hot. It is very interesting to hear a 4 year old's perspective!

No comments: