Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

Sorry I'm a few days late with this. I hope everyone had a wonderful new year! New Year isn't much of a holiday for me...never really has been. I'm not much for staying up late unless there is gambling, or good conversation. Not that the wonderful baby daddy isn't a good conversationalist, it's just we have conversations during the evening or day other days of the year. So staying up to see midnight just doesn't appeal to me.

I'm guessing that's why I also don't really care that much for new year's resolutions. I don't really need that kind of reminder or anything. I usually get to a point where I know I need to make a change and then do it. If I ever did make a new years resolution, I've forgotten about it. Along those lines, I have given up things for Lent before. I think that appeals more because you can go back to it (if you want) after Easter.

So anyway, things that are going on right now....we are starting up our new schedule for the year. Back to preschool Tuesdays and Thursdays, Bubba usually comes over on Wednesdays, and Fridays are music class. For the next two months we also have basketball on Saturday mornings. Hopefully that will make these cold winter months go by faster.

It's also hard to imagine, but I already have to think about preschool next year for Trevor. The preschool he is at now offers two options for 4-5 year-olds. Either Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9:00 - 11:30 (same time as now, just different days) or Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 12:15 - 2:45. I'm pretty sure that he will be done with napping in the afternoon. Or at least wouldn't be asleep during this time anyway but I'm wondering which would be the least disruptive for Gwen. Right now I'm leaning toward the morning session because I'm much more of a morning person. I see myself putting Trevor in morning Kindergarten classes when he is 5. But I also know a few of his friends are probably going to be in the afternoon class of preschool.

Then there are Gwen's activities. I'm probably going to start ECFE with her the next session which starts either Feb or March. If it isn't whenever Trevor is in preschool, I have to pay for child care for him during those classes as well. And we can't forget his sports....whichever those may be. I wish we still had Gymboree in our area. I think they'd both enjoy that as well.

Oh well...I guess that's still a ways out. For now, I think I'll just worry about what's for dinner tonight. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: