Monday, January 28, 2008

I may not be Louis Tully....

but there are still days when I wish I had become an accountant. (FYI he's the accountant for the Ghostbusters, played by Rick Moranis) Especially around this time of year. Tax season is so nice because it gives you plenty of time to recover from Christmas before having to file your taxes. The only reason I procrastinate even a day is because I don't want to have to wait a full year before doing them again next time.

But lucky me, I've been offered the chance to do a few other peoples' taxes (who will remain nameless). And it REALLY makes me happy. I love financial planning, balancing a checkbook, doing taxes, even if they aren't mine. The only downside is that I have to look at information that some people consider very personal. But really, who the heck cares. I don't expect anything in return. Hopefully it is just a little less stressful for the other person.

So if anyone isn't bothered by the fact that I would see your financial information, send on the taxes! I love it! And I promise not to do the following:

Louis: Ted! Annette! I'm glad you could come, how you doin', give me your coats. Everybody, this is Ted and Annette Fleming! Ted has a small carpet cleaning business in receivership; Annette's drawing a salary from a deferred bonus from two years ago! They got fifteen thousand left on the house at eight percent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How could you leave out this one?

Louis: I'm givin' this whole thing as a promotional expense, that's why I invited clients instead of friends. You havin' a good time, Mark?